Time is short in schools.
Fast, free CPD is key.
Here’s a free, 2-hour self-study crash course to help teachers, school leaders, teaching assistants and support staff to grasp the science of learning.
- Memory and overload Peps McCrae 1 min
- How cognitive load theory changed my teaching Zach Groshell 2 mins
- What can we learn from cognitive science? 3 mins
- Three applications of cognitive science 4 mins
- Why don’t students remember what they’ve learned? 5 mins
- Introduction to cognitive science Ruth Ashbee 6 mins
- Teaching with memory in mind Jemma Sherwood 2 mins
- How to learn better Adam Boxer 2 mins
- What can science tell us about how students learn best? 3 mins
- How can we improve the quality of our teaching? 1 min
- One scientific insight for curriculum design 4 mins
- Cognitive science and visible learning 4 mins
- Why is knowledge important? Dan Willingham 8 minutes
- Worked examples James Crane 3 minutes
- The practice gap David Thomas 1 min
- The power of practice David Thomas 1 min
- The quantity of practice David Thomas 1 min
- Practice drills 2 mins
- Overlearning Dan Willingham 1 min
- Why people love and remember stories Dan Willingham 6 mins
- Mnemonics: making the forgettable memorable 4 mins
- An introduction to the science of learning Nick Rose 56-minute video
Questions worth trying to explain
Pingback: Articles | Joe Kirby
Reblogged this on From experience to meaning….